Thursday, April 9, 2009
A Face Only A Goat-Farmer Could Love
1. See? Goats are disturbing.
2. Yesterday, I hit a moment of blogger's block and asked for suggestions on Twitter.
3. The first topic suggestion was zombies.
4. I realized suddenly that this blog has a regrettable lack of information on zombies, a situation I plan to rectify tomorrow.
5. Stay tuned.
6. Today, I get to go pee in a cup to prove to my company that I was not flying high on crack when I bashed my brains in on the shelf in the walk-in cooler.
7. Since I went to my own dr and didn't submit a worker's comp claim, I think this is ridiculous.
8. Still, they have the power to tell me I can't work a shift until I prove I've got nothing more sinister than Tylenol and Hot Tamales (which are of the devil) in my blood.
9. LOST is having a fantastic season.
10. This morning the Today show announced that romance novels appear to be recession-proof. Sales have gone up 30% since the whole panic about the economy started.
11. Yay for job security!
12. Speaking of novels, here's a friendly fyi: Many people who know me personally have asked me recently to email them a copy of my novel so they can read it.
13. I will NOT do it.
14. It's not because I don't love you, like you, or tolerate you reasonably well.
15. It's not because I'm not thrilled that you're so excited about SF you don't want to wait to read it in paperback form.
16. It's certainly not because I'm upset that you've sworn you'll still buy two copies when it hits the shelves.
17. It's because I lose control over who has the manuscript when I send it out and publisher's don't take kindly to buying work that is already crawling slowly across the Internet for free.
18. So, I may love you, like you, or tolerate you reasonably well, but if you don't already have a copy (i.e. Hubby and critique partners), you'll have to wait to buy your own.
19. I asked for topics on Twitter, but those of you who comment here are always a wealth of interesting ideas, so ...
20. Reader Question: What topic/s should I blog about next time I hit a blogger's block?