Thursday, August 21, 2008
Why I Oughtta
Currently playing in my ipod: "Enough" by Disturbed
Mood: Calm and focused
1. So, apparently The Half-Blood Prince release date has been pushed back from this November to JULY.
3. Because Warner Bros wants a summer blockbuster and apparently they have so little faith in every other project on deck, they need to disappoint thousands of fans.
4. I envision legions of Potter fans dressing up like Voldemort, or worse, Filch and wreaking havoc on certain executives...
5. This week I wrote over 9000 words and since I'm posting this Thursday evening at 9pm (I still have three writing hours ahead of me tonight plus tomorrow during the day), that number will end up between 11k-12k.
6. I'm seriously proud of that, especially since on a closer read-through, I rarely made stupid mistakes or missed a key character or plot arc.
7. This is all new material I'm interjecting in the front half of the book.
8. Next week is all about the ending.
9. Thank God.
10. Why must boys be instructed not to put their shoes on the coffee table? Where did they get the idea that shoes belong on a table? Is it instinctive? Genetic? Part of the brain-warp that happens when they get that testosterone bath in the womb?
11. I'm so used to interrupting my sentences with things like "Hey! What do you think you're wiping on that??" and "Don't throw the cat, she'll come back and kill you in your sleep." or "Continue with your present course of action and no one will hear from you for the next five years." that it barely phases me.
12. People without children give me strange looks but I'm used to that too.
13. My hubby just finished re-reading the Harry Potter series and now impatiently hovers over me, telling me to hurry up and finish SF so he can have new reading material.
14. This will shock you, I know, but I do not respond well to hovering.
15. It brings out the latent Felon in me and I'm really trying to save that for when I'm in my 80s and my Bedazzler isn't giving me enough excitement anymore.
16. One of my Pixies (the name the GH finalist group gave ourselves...long story) went freakin' skydiving today for her daughter's 16th birthday.
17. I'd go skydiving.
18. If I were stuck inside a burning plane which was hurtling toward a mountain and the crew had assured me at least five times that there was, indeed, no chance of a semi-successful landing.
19. Even then, I might require a push.
20. Reader Question: If you could go back in time (just to visit, you don't have to stay), what would be your first destination and why?
A few days ago, on a whim, I bought a bag of Lay's Potato Chips in their new Chicken and Waffles flavor. I figured my kids (who love bot...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...
Barbara Poelle is a literary agent with the Irene Goodman Agency and is the person responsible for bringing us the delicious medieval roma...