Monday, August 31, 2009
1. I have a feeling today's list will be far more random than usual.
2. This is because I have no idea what I'm going to say.
3. Er ... type.
5. I started reading Tessa Dare's GODDESS OF THE HUNT (historical romance) last night while waiting for the last load of laundry to dry.
6. I adore this book. Love it. Am crazy about it.
7. Tessa is a debut author and I'm already such a huge fan I promise to buy her next two books without even glancing at the blurb on the back.
8. Why do I love it so much?
9. Voice. She's got it. In spades.
10. There's a MOTH in my stairwell.
11. That would be the stairwell INSIDE my house.
12. Tinks is on the job but the moth stubbornly refuses to come down to her level.
13. It's much more comfortable terrorizing me at my eye level.
14. I'm going to have to slink by it to get up to my bedroom so I can prepare for my job interview.
15. If you're the praying kind, please pray that I get this job.
16. The pay and hours are just right for us.
17. I finished up the query workshop yesterday.
18. It was fun and the participants felt they got their money's worth.
19. Some are even ready to sign up again for the next one (held in October).
20. Since breaking his arm, Starshine has gone to karate class twice (and participated!), raced around a friend's yard brandishing a nerf gun, entered a blow-up jump house (though his friend quickly convinced him to leave...not for his safety, but because if he jumps around and smacks kids with his cast there'd be a lot of screaming), and ridden a horse.
21. I've learned to just shut my eyes and walk away.