Monday, November 23, 2009
Beam Me Up, Scotty!
1. In my last post, I invited commenters to guess which two items on my list of things researched for Casting Stones weren't true.
2. The correct answer is: buttermilk pancake recipe and the founders of Oliver Springs, Tennessee.
3. Sadly no one got the right answer so no prize this time, but I've learned my lesson.
4. I'll make the next guessing contest easier. =D
5. In other contest news, I'll be posting the winner of the 50 page critique tomorrow!
6. Starshine recently decided to speak to us using interpretive dance as his main mode of communication.
7. Of course, if we don't get his meaning right away, he follows that up with his usual stream of consciousness.
8. I work every day this week through Thanksgiving which means we'll be eating a late dinner on T-day.
9. I have no idea why any of you would find that fact interesting.
10. I had a commenter recently volunteer to be a moderator on this blog.
11. *looks around at her regular readers*
12. I had to turn her down since all of you are generally so well-mannered there's really nothing to moderate.
13. That seems like a small oversight on your part.
14. Perhaps you should step up your game.
15. I find when I'm totally focused on writing a particular story, I can't enjoy reading for pleasure.
16. I get mad because the book is trying to distract me from my characters.
17. Yes, writers are a strange breed.
18. We listened to J.J. Abrams' commentary on the movie Star Trek last night and it was a master's class in effective story telling, pacing, and attention to the littlest details to get everything just right.
19. Have I mentioned I want Star Trek for Christmas?
20. Reader Question: What's one Thanksgiving dish you could eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner?