1. I saw two things this weekend that made me laugh.
2. The fact that neither of these things were meant to be funny made it that much better.
3. First, I saw an ad for a hairstyling salon that read as follows:
4. Klassy Not Sassy Boutique
5. I think the "k" just gives it that extra special touch of sophistication and--dare I say it?--klass.
6. I stopped by the Starbucks inside my local grocery store and discovered a new free-to-me product: bagged used coffee grounds.
7. The slick bag housing the grounds explained (in glossy, colorful letters) that the grounds were excellent for gardening and offered them for free to customers who wanted to a) make their plants very happy and b) help Starbucks reduce their environmental footprint.
8. Am I the only one who sees the big fat irony in taking something that is environmentally friendly and wouldn't harm a landfill and packaging it in a slick, ink-covered bag so the company can seem environmentally conscious?
9. *rolls eyes*
10. I saw Alice in Wonderland last week and LOVED it. Gorgeous imagery, stellar acting, and top notch writing. Also, on a Tim Burton 1-10 scale of weird, this was about a 2.
11. My kids loved it too.
12. I can now be bribed with Alice in Wonderland swag, fyi.
13. I'm over half finished with CASTING STONES revisions and they're going well.
14. And that's really all I have to say about that. *brain is mostly broken this morning*
15. Fun question for you: What are your top 5 favorite movies of all time?
16. It's a tough one to answer because so many could make the cut, but you need to just pick 5.
17. Mine are: The Dark Knight, Mary Poppins, Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets, Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl, and The Princess Bride.