Monday, March 15, 2010
Anything But The Eyes
1. I believe all of my regular blog readers know how I feel about eyes.
2. If you need a refresher course, go here.
3. I can seriously handle just about any nasty thing you throw at me. I clean up anything my boys can dish out (And really? I deserve a freakin' medal for that one.) without batting an eye. I can handle any subject you wish to discuss while I'm eating. I can even clean up after strangers who've been sick at the restaurant without losing my own dinner. But I gag out loud if I feel a blood vessel breaking in my eye.
4. And if I smell green beans, but whatever. The fact I can handle the smell of vomit but not the smell of green beans is just part of my quirky charm.
5. Did you know you can feel when a blood vessel is breaking in your eye?
6. GAH! I can't even write about it! My gag reflex is forcibly threatening to make me revisit the coffee-flavored yogurt I just ate for breakfast.
7. Anyway, everyone in my family knows I can't stand eye stuff. They all think it's funny to regale me with nasty eye-related stories.
8. (It's okay. I know how to get the last laugh. My latest plan involves duct tape, silly string, and a vat of lime jello. Mwuahahaha!)
9. A few days ago, my children learned an exciting tidbit of information and hurried to share it with me.
10. You know that gunk in your eye after you wake up? That's dust mite poop.
11. Hello, coffee-flavored yogurt! How nice to see you again.
12. I haven't been right since they told me that.
15. Moving on. *slaps hand over left eye to stop the twitching*
16. Have you entered some first sentences for me to use for Friday Fiction? If yours is picked (random number generator used), you win a free book from my stash! Go here to enter.
17. This week's interview is with the Mundie Moms, a full-service YA book review/fan forum with tons of giveaways, author chats, contests, and great reviews of all the young adult books hitting the shelves.
18. Upcoming interview guests on the blog include: Jeaniene Frost, Rachel Hawkins, Tessa Dare, Lisa Mantchev, Maggie Stiefvater, Kay Cassidy, Kris Kennedy, Chelsea Campbell and more!
19. My poor hubby is so excited to make all those cupcakes!
20. Since I'm still not over the "she begged" comment, I'm okay with this.
21. Until Wednesday, think of me every time you wipe dust mite poop out of your eyes.