Malystryx is celebrating his birthday today (and also entering the next decade of his life!). My hubby is finishing a really cool birthday cake for him with a sword buried in an anvil and spilling shattered gems out of the anvil and around the hilt of the sword. It's amazing.
I want to wish Mal a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and give my top ten reasons why I'm glad he was born:
1. He is one of my best friends and I can't imagine my life without him.
2. He not only loves the concept of a code of honor, he lives one.
3. He is constantly trying to take over the world. (never a boring moment!)
4. His loyalty to God, his family, and his friends is absolutely unshakeable.
5. He makes me laugh.
6. His comptetive streak is insane. (and is a match for mine! yay!)
7. He is a deep thinker and isn't afraid to dig into ideas that others might find too "out there" to contemplate.
8. He is unapologetic about who he is: Take him or leave him, he'll be fine.
9. Once he loves someone (fiancee, friend, or family), his commitment to loving them, protecting them, understanding them, and taking care of them is unswerving.
10. He shares my warped sense of humor.
Happy Birthday, Mal!
A few days ago, on a whim, I bought a bag of Lay's Potato Chips in their new Chicken and Waffles flavor. I figured my kids (who love bot...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...
Barbara Poelle is a literary agent with the Irene Goodman Agency and is the person responsible for bringing us the delicious medieval roma...
I first met Lisa Mantchev last year on Twitter a few months before her first novel, EYES LIKE STARS, hit the shelves. We struck up a conve...