Friday, July 25, 2008
Week In Review
1. I learned this week that a spa in Washington D.C. offers pedicures a la carp.
2. I'm not sure I'm down with sticking my tootsies in a tank full of fish and letting them nibble away.
3. But maybe that's just me.
4. I've crossed two more items off my conference To Do list: writing my logline and ordering updated business cards.
5. Ordering the business cards took three and a half hours.
6. Why? Because every time I told Vista Print to do something, it balked, did things halfway, or made it seem like I was on the right track but then fooled me in the end with much evil laughing on the part of my computer.
7. Soooo, the process took 3 hours of me nearly yanking my hair out in frustration and half an hour after my hubby got home and took over the process.
8. The lesson learned (as he so gently pointed out to me) is that I should never, under any circumstances, try to do anything that requires technical finesse until he is home to help me.
9. Stupid Vista Print.
10. I will be cleaning house all morning today.
11. I don't think it's possible to overstate my elation at this prospect.
12. Daredevil's party is tomorrow which means my hubby is knee deep in cake at the moment.
13. Daredevil wants a Black Pearl cake *wipes a tear of pride from my eye* and I'll post pics later.
14. I have two new ideas for creative outlets for me.
15. One, I might set up a poetry only blog.
16. Also, I'm thinking about writing short stories, customized to the person's preferred genre, as birthday presents for my friends.
17. Autographed of course, though if I find them on ebay, I'll hunt my friends down and force them to eat pickled pig's feet as punishment.
18. Reader Question: What do you think of my new creative outlet ideas?