Friday, November 14, 2008
You Might Be My Next Corpse
1. When I informed my children that I'd finished Shadowing Fate, Daredevil jumped up and down and said "WoooHooo! We're rich!"
2. Ah, to be that young and naive again.
3. Last night, I hosted a candle party. I'd booked the party through a consultant I'd never met face to face.
4. The party was fun, the consultant was great, and then as we were sitting around my table chatting while my friends ate pie and browsed catalogs, I glanced at the the label on my own catalog--the one listing the consultant's full name--and realized why her name looked so familiar.
5. I'd borrowed it (without remembering where I'd seen it) for one of the victims in Shadowing Fate.
6. I started laughing and told her, "I'm so sorry! There's a corpse with your last name in my latest novel."
7. She thought it was pretty cool.
8. So much for thinking I'd pulled that particular name out of thin air.
9. The moral of this tale, of course, is that if I know you, I might kill you at some point.
10. Figuratively speaking, of course.
11. I think I'll be mentally prepared to dive into Twisting Fate on Monday.
12. Of course, first I need to research hypochondriacs, anti-social disorder, gene-splicing, and how to break out of maximum security prison.
13. Piece of cake.
14. Ugh, cake.
15. My hubby's birthday is coming up the day after Thanksgiving.
16. I don't even think he wants a cake, but it's a tradition my boys won't allow us to skip.
17. He gets two round cakes stacked on top of each other with store bought icing and sprinkles. (The boys are in charge of the sprinkles. This explains why last year you could barely taste the cake past the stale-sugar crunch of Christmas themed--hey, I don't censor their sprinkle choices!--sprinkles.)
18. The word you're looking for is "yum."
19. At least he'll like his present.
20. Three weeks after that is our 14th wedding anniversary, a week after that is Christmas, two weeks later is my birthday, five days after that it's Starshine's birthday, and a mere three weeks later we have the Scientist's birthday.
21. Yes, this shows a distinct lack of planning on our part.
22. Hang on to your wallets, folks, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
22. Reader Question: What do you think I should get my hubby for his birthday?
Welcome to YA Scavenger Hunt! This bi-annual event was first organized by author Colleen Houck as a way to give readers a c...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...