Monday. That Pretty Much Says It All
1. I'm finished with December's query workshop now.
2. The next one will begin mid-January.
3. Several clients have requested I do a synopsis workshop as well.
4. I think we all know how I feel about writing a synopsis.
5. However, the truth is I can write a good, 5 page synopsis in less than an hour.
6. I'm just not sure how I do it.
7. I need to sit down and figure out my method, do a little research, and put together some lessons.
8. Critiquing five pages of synopsis will be a LOT more time-consuming than critiquing a one page query so the price for that workshop will have to reflect that.
9. A conversation I had two nights ago with Daredevil:
Daredevil: *creeps down the stairs after bedtime and tries to sneak past me while I'm writing*
Me: What are you doing?
Daredevil: Getting a snack.
Me: A snack? After all the dinner you ate tonight?
Daredevil: Dinner? What dinner?
Me: What do you mean "what dinner"? The dinner you inhaled earlier.
Daredevil: I don't know what you mean.
Me: Barbecued chicken, carrots sticks, garlic bread. Remember? You cleaned your plate and had extra chicken.
Daredevil: *pauses to think and then shrugs* Sorry. Doesn't ring a bell.
And THAT is why I work extra hours, folks. I'm raising mini-vacuum cleaners who routinely clean out my pantry with no memory of having done so.