Friday, November 28, 2008
35 Good Reasons
Today my hubby turned 35. To honor his birthday (especially since we barely saw each other today!), I've decided to make a list of 35 reasons why he's absolutely wonderful.
1. He repainted the entire downstairs (4 different coats for the dining room before I was happy with the color scheme) without (much) complaint.
2. When I said I'd start working days to help our bank account, his first response was "But what about your writing?"
3. Speaking of writing, he believes in me completely.
4. He's loyal.
5. He makes me laugh.
6. He understands and shares my near obsession with Batman: The Dark Knight.
7. He's incredibly talented. (Hello?? Cake anyone?)
8. He likes to really discuss movies and books.
9. He does most of the driving so I don't have to. (Or so he doesn't have to ask me to slow down...)
10. He gives of his time and resources to anyone who needs him without thinking twice.
11. He'll do laundry when asked.
12. He plays with his kids.
13. He never takes me out for pizza on our dates.
14. He always puts effort into the gifts he chooses for me.
15. He brags about me.
16. He works hard at whatever he does.
17. He remembers people's names and faces (a skill I certainly don't possess).
18. He loves sports but doesn't expect me to love the stuff I just don't get. (Like golf. Or curling. Or other "sports" that involve no risk and no physical contact.)
19. His favorite activity is spending time with me.
20. He supports my interests and hobbies even if he doesn't share them.
21. He has integrity.
22. He is punctual. (Unless I'm part of the equation...even then, he's punctual. He's just waiting for me.)
23. He's not interested in stuff that takes him away from his family.
24. He wants to know what I think about stuff.
25. My opinion is important to him.
26. When he wants to be romantic, he pulls out all the stops.
27. He doesn't leave the seat up.
28. He risked his life to hang Christmas lights along our roof...for me.
29. He is respectful.
30. He unloads the dishwasher because he knows I hate to do it.
31. He's smart.
32. He gets the finer points of my sarcastic sense of humor.
33. He appreciates what I do around the house.
34. He's a man of faith.
35. He's my best friend.
=) Happy Birthday, Clint!!
Welcome to YA Scavenger Hunt! This bi-annual event was first organized by author Colleen Houck as a way to give readers a c...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...