Sunday, February 7, 2010

Holla!



1. First, let me just get the whole Wally the Were-Platypus thing out of the way.

2. Yes, I made cupcakes today.

3. Yes, I have Were-Platypus supplies at the ready.

4. No, it wasn't easy to find Were-Platypus supplies at ANY of the stores in my town.

5. Shocking oversight, really.

6. At some point tomorrow, in between work and my hubby's attendance at the local city council meeting, we'll be putting together a Were-Platypus cupcake.

7. Shannon has already made and posted hers.

8. Kerry has been conspicuously silent in the face of my blatant challenge.

9. But I think I dragged Shannon's friend Frankie into the fray.

10. I hope so. I hate to suffer alone.

11. Today, as we drove home from church, the Scientist began discussing the band Nirvana which lead to him giving us a startlingly accurate dictionary definition for the word "nirvana" which lead to him explaining it was generally a term one associated with the Buddha.

12. We asked him if he even knew what the Buddha was.

13. Before he could answer, Daredevil piped up and said, with a heavy dose of I-can't-believe-I-have-to-explain-this-to-you-people, "I know what a Buddha is. It's the part of your body, just above the back of your legs, that you sit on."

14. And he slapped his Buddha, just to make his point.

15. Also, Daredevil snuck a can of silly string onto the school bus this week and coated everyone in a five foot radius around him.

16. Is it any wonder we're on the principal's speed dial?

17. A few days ago, Starshine took a shower.

18. Yes, that statement deserves it's own numeral. As does the fact that this time he used soap.

19. Because we reminded him, but whatever.

20. When he exited the shower, my hubby, Daredevil, and I were all sitting on my bed talking.

21. Starshine ran up to us, his towel flapping around his shoulders like some terry cloth cape, threw his arms above his head, thrust his business in our general direction, and shouted "Holla!"

22. That's "holler" pronounced "haul-ah" for those of you lacking in street cred.

23. I tried really, really hard to convince him that he must NEVER do that on the school bus, in the classroom, or while we wait in line at the grocery store.

24. But, like I said, the principal has us on speed dial.

25. Holla!

7 comments:

  1. WOW. Yeah, so...um...you know you just planted the suggestion in his mind. Let me know when you hear from the principal.

    Tell Daredevil that the important thing is to avoid detection and have an alibi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't WAIT to see Wally. And there was a SHOCKING lack of were-platypus supplies. I'm thinking of writing my Congressman to complain. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the laughs...love the kids :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make me laugh! I can't wait to see the were-platypus cupcakes and oh, man the silly string . . . so glad my sons haven't thought of that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cake isn't really my artistic medium, babe, but I have other ways of rockin' the were-platypus theme, which I will get to in due time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I originally wasn't going to comment, but Mom chirping up scared me.

    What do you mean by "in due time..."?

    Excuse me, I have to fear for my life, now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHAHAHA!!! Ok that made me laugh the whole way through!

    Daredevil sounds a lot like me when I was young! My parents were on the principal's speed dial as well!

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...