Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Blog Topic, Blog Topic, Where Art Thou?

My hubby informed me I needed to blog again. He's absolutely right. The only problem is, between churning out Lilli's book, working, and running my online query workshop (Plus my weekly obligatory attempt to take over the world ... oh, it's going to happen. Brace yourselves, peeps.), I've been too busy to think of blog topics.

And, for once, my spawn haven't wreaked mayhem and destruction upon middle Tennessee so I can't even fall back on that for inspiration.

Plus, THANK YOU GOD, no one has recently seen fit to spit food into my gaping mouth.

So, you see the dilemma. I need to blog but I have nothing to say. I mean, I'm sure I've got plenty to say but rather than nonsensical ramblings, I'd like to present myself in a somewhat coherent fashion. Ergo, I need a topic.

Although, I've done pretty well blogging about not having a topic, yes?

Here's where you come in. Various peeps on Twitter jumped into the fray and tossed ideas my way. Some have merit. Some ... well, you'll see. I thought I'd put every suggestion (both from Twitter and culled from the somewhat scary depths of my own stream of consciousness) into a list for you, my faithful blog readers, to vote on those you'd like to see turned into a post. You can vote for as many options as you like and can even add a topic to the list via the comments section if you feel tremendously inspired.

Without further ado, I give you:

The List Of Potentially Entertaining And Moderately Enlightening Blog Ideas (TLOPEAMEBI for short):

1. Darth Vader vs. Lord Voldemort: Who wins?

2. So You Think You Can Dance: A review from someone who just doesn't get it.

3. The time in junior high when I caused an irritating boy to become mysteriously tangled up in his folding chair seconds before I sent his skinny patoot flying across the floor.

4. Various uses for the bedazzler: It's not just arts and crafts!

5. Did Tom Cruise really need to be in a hospital gown for his eye exam in Days of Thunder? An esoteric discussion on the merits of presenting aesthetically pleasing gratuitous samples of man candy just because we can.

6. Liverwurst: Meat by product? Or nuclear waste in a tube, guaranteed to cleanse your colon for you whether you like it or not?

7. The top ten strangest items lying around my office. Trust me ... there are some WEIRD things in there. And I'm not just referring to myself.

8. Get Me Started 2009: Commenters give me a first sentence and I turn some of them into a piece of creative writing on the blog.

9. Why I would make an excellent reality tv star.

10. Q & A session: leave me a question in the comment trail and I'll answer them all in a separate blog post. Naturally, you may ask me about anything except the details of my not-so-secret machinations to take over the world.

Get voting!

14 comments:

  1. Either #10 or #1. Bonus points if you can plausibly combine them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 or 7 please!

    Or how about worst date stories?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 7, 8, and 10. Your get me started stuff is always so cool to read. I just assumed you'd do another round this year.

    Also, I'd like to hear the story of when you started writing novels and what made you pursue publication. I guess I can ask that for my Q&A if you do that post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote #1! Darth Vader versus Voldemort? It can't get much more entertaining than that! =P

    Or y'know, we could do the Q&A...I suppose....*blinks*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem to be missing my suggestion about the tattoo.

    I vote for the time you pulled me out of the shower because that bug woke up and chewed its way through the wood and drywall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with liverwurst. I will bring you a sandwich over next time I'm there. I happen to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1 or 3

    ... unless topic 5 is going to be a photo post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Number 7 for sure - I just do not want to be the only one with strange stuff on my desk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I co-write the So You Think You Can Dance post? Because leg warmers and Speedos DO have a purpose in dance.

    They DO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm john!
    Nice to meet all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would just like to take some time out Thank all the people for doing what you do and making the community what it is im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello everyone,
    I just wanted to post an introductory thread and let you all know that I am excited to start posting here and mingling with you all!
    My name is Sallie and I'm from Melbourne, Florida! Nice to meet you!
    -Sallie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey im fresh to this. I came upon this board I find It absolutely useful and its helped me tons. I should be able to give something back and support other users like it has helped me.

    Thank You, See Ya Around

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...